29. lokakuuta 2014

New life in Newquay

I decided to start writing in english since the range of my foreign friends is growing (not that I expect them to be reading this) and it's good practice too, even when it's just very simple english.  And I finally changed my blog name. I never really liked the old one and had it only because I never came up with anything better.. Now the name is more like me. 
It's average.


So.. I moved to Newquay and started to go to College. It's been almost two months now and I'm lovin' life (except when i have to do assignments..). And having 9 housemates isn't as bad as I thought it might be. Most of them are away now because of half term. And a french guy moved in couple days ago, haven't been talking to him really since I have been locked inside my room almost 24/7.. At least there will be now someone who's worse in english than me, so I hope people will start to appreciate my english skills instead of just laughing at me if i say something in a funny way.. (don't get me wrong I still love my housemates)

Luckily the college is quite near to our house, so I don't have to wake up too early in the morning. Usually 45min before the lectures start. And I'm happy I have mondays off so I get three day weekends! And usually the days are not too hard. 
First I started with the Wildlife Education & Media course but after few weeks I decided that it was not for me and I got to change to Zoological Conservation, which was my first choice after all. So now I'm much happier with my course and it's not too hard, even when the english gives a little extra challenge to my studying. It's mostly remembering the new english words I come up with all the time. So I am not looking forward to writing essays in class! I just have to study a bit harder (yeah, like I've been doing for the past 5 days.. which is not at all) 
Also my study skills suck and I'm just a huge mess inside out. I even bought a calendar to mark all kinds of assignment handout dates and all, but it doesn't start until next year so I have to manage for 2 months without it.
 I'm so unorganised..

Surfers in action

These people have made me change my life quite a bit.. I used to be the good girl who stayed at home when everyone else were making bad choices. Now I'm the one making choices that I usually regret in the morning.. And now my tolerance for alcohol has been getting better, which is not a good thing when thinking about my wallet and what's not inside there anymore.. I have to spend so much money in everything else too. Mostly food. A lot of food. And I had to buy most of the stuff everyone else already had. And somehow they keep thinking I'm rich, which is not the case. I might be able to get quite a bit of loan but then it's not my money I'm spending because I have to pay it back. So I'm trying to avoid taking too much loan. I mean it doesn't sound that good for my future if I'm taking loan from two countries, right?
Also I'm bound to pay around £900 for my future Borneo trip in April (Am I exited? Hell Yes). And I already paid £750 deposit, so no I do not have too much money and I wouldn't mind winning the lottery or something like that.. 

Had a little beach party
Tomorrow will be pretty busy getting ready for halloween on friday and I'm more than exited about it. I just love Halloween when you can (at least try to) be scary and have crazy make ups without people looking at you weird.. And Halloween in England is much more interesting than in Finland. We don't do trick or treat or carve pumpkins like they do here. Which reminds me that I have to buy a pumpkin tomorrow. 

There is still stuff I actually miss from Finland.. As funny as it sounds I do miss snow. Maybe it's only because I miss snowboarding a lot since I haven't been able to do it in a long time now. But I do not miss the cold weather! It's getting cold enaugh here. Not too cold but cold enough to wear a hoodie. Well we'll see how much snow there will be in Finland around christmas when I'm going home for the holiday. I can't wait to see my baby dog and eat some good food! But until then I have to deal with this english rainy weather.

More pictures after I've actually taken my camera out for a walk. 


2 kommenttia:

  1. Finally, I can understand every single word lol! :D Are you serious you have Mondays off??! That's not fair!! :DD
    And btw i loved the name "fluffy feelings", i thought it was you too..

    VastaaPoista
    Vastaukset
    1. Yeah I was thinking of you when i wrote this ;) Because I knew you would read it <3
      and yeah I have every monday off :D Enjoying mondays more than ever ;)
      nah I didn't really like that name :D It sounds so sweet and innocent which I am not haha

      Poista