25. maaliskuuta 2015

Adventureland

I love my new zoom lense I got as my early birthday present!

Well, Hello there my fellow human creatures!
Lots have happend since my last post. And there is still much to happen. My college course is going surprisingly well (kinda) and I'm not even doing the worse in my course as someone
might have thought! Passed one of my modules and waiting for the grades from the second one. Still so much to do and always so little motivation to do it.. But somehow I always manage.. With tears and pain though.

OMG, I know right! 

Anyway.. since the halfterm is once again upon us (thank god!) I'll be (kind of) free from college work! Well since I am going to go to the rainforest in Borneo (malaysian part) 1st of April for few weeks to do surveys on frogs, birds, fish, primates and coral reefs I'm surely not thinking of my assignments that are here waiting for me to come back.. Even when I have to do a survey for one of my assignments but yeh you know it goes with the other surveys we'll be doing there almost 24/7. But I am damn exited about it! Even when I have put illegal amounts of money into this trip.. and still counting! But we'll see so much awesome wildlife and coral reefs after we go to Mantanani Island for the last few days and I'll finally get some cool experience from the field that I can put in my CV. It's so embarassingly emtpy at the moment..

Next week I'll be there.
And while speaking of work experience I got a place for the summer from Ranua Zoo in Finland for the whole of August to do my work experience that is required for my course! So exiting! I already visited there on my christmas holiday when I went back home for few weeks. I'm very glad my work experience takes place during the summer and not winter.. because it was FREAKING cold when I went there.. And the place is huuuuge so it means being a lot outdoors.
I wonder what I'm going to do there after work since I don't know the place or anyone there.. Well I'll just hang around in the zoo 24/7 so all the animals will think me as one of their own.

I'll be looking after these cuties in August!

After my Borneo trip my best friend is coming to see me (!!) and we'll meet in London since we'll both arrive there at the same time and then come together (oh and jamies gonna be there too lol) back here in Newquay! And because we will arrive in newquay (after days of travelling) around 8am on saturday morning (18th) and my birhtday is on 19th so we will be going out to celebrate my and one of my housemates birthdays! So either we have to sleep well in the bus (which is HIGHLY unlikely) or we really need to take a nap so we can be up all night.. I mean you can't go out on a sunday. Especially not in newquay.
So that's going to be fun.

I'll be going, like this happy tortoise right here.
Adios Amigos!

1 kommentti:

  1. This year is such an exciting one for you! Still hardly can believe you're going to Borneo. Stay alive! :D
    "It's so embarassingly emtpy at the moment.." lol same :DD Can't wait to go to Newquay, it should be fun. :)

    VastaaPoista